Ulysses writing app update bringing full-featured side-by-side editor to iPad and improved blog integration
The favored writing app for Mac and iOS, Ulysses, is about to launch a brand new replace subsequent week that can carry what the corporate calls the world’s first “full-featured split view editing on iPad.” Additionally arriving with the replace is expanded assist for publishing on to blogs.
Ulysses shared particulars on the replace that’s anticipated to reach on Monday, Could 27th in a press launch.
A brand new model of Ulysses, the award-winning writing app for Mac, iPad and iPhone helps direct publishing to Ghost blogs. Moreover, Ulysses goes to supply the primary full-featured editor break up view on iPad, to let customers work with two texts at a time. The replace, which is free for Ulysses subscribers, will probably be obtainable on Could 27, 2019.
Notably, this new break up view mode is completely different than Apple’s iOS characteristic “Split View” the place you’ll be able to run two apps without delay. As an alternative of two completely different cases of the identical app, Ulysses is providing customers a dual-view of the identical app, with full-featured management for every window (much like the side-by-side tabs characteristic in Safari on iPad). Right here’s how the developer describes the brand new side-by-side mode on Ulysses for iPad (proven above):
Now with this launch, break up view enhancing involves iPad. Ulysses’ customers cannot solely show and edit two texts at a time, scroll each texts concurrently, and portion the obtainable display area at will between the 2 editors. With a break up view consisting of two full-featured app home windows, they’re additionally capable of navigate and to point out an export preview subsequent to an editor, to see what their output goes to appear like whereas they write.
The opposite main characteristic arriving with this replace is assist for publishing from Ulysses on to Ghost blogs. Beforehand, the app supported doing this for simply WordPress and Medium.
Ghost, the most recent addition to the integrations, is a publishing platform that makes a speciality of blogs and on-line publications. Because of its simplicity, safety and velocity, a few of the most revolutionary corporations on the planet selected to depend on Ghost for his or her on-line publishing wants. “We’re glad to offer our users a greater choice, and the integration of Ghost, in particular, saw a lot of requests”, says Max Seelemann, Ulysses cofounder and head of improvement. “Ghost is a modern, light-weight WordPress alternative, and they follow their goal to deliver the best tools for online publishing with admirable dedication. It’s an excellent fit for Ulysses.”
Maintain an eye fixed out on the App Store on Monday to obtain this free replace for Ulysses. In case you’re not a consumer already, after a 14-day free trial, Ulysses affords month-to-month plans from $5 and yearly plans from $30. The app additionally affords college students a reduction with pricing at $12 for six months.
Full launch notes:
# The Ghost Launch
– Added publishing to the Ghost platform
– Preview weblog posts earlier than publishing
– Publish weblog posts to Ghost.io or your self-hosted blogs
– Embrace metadata akin to featured picture, key phrases, excerpt and submit URL
– Added Cut up View to iPad
– Maintain two editors open on the similar time in panorama orientation
– See export preview whereas enhancing
– Added syntax highlighting for extra programming languages
– Mathematica, Vimscript, Smalltalk, GraphQL, Handlebars
## Adjustments and Enhancements
– Shared sheets at the moment are exported in a compressed format (fixes a mess of sharing points)
– Up to date first launch expertise to make it simpler for brand spanking new customers to get to know the app
– Mounted deleting targets for teams
– Mounted phrase rely for Chinese language textual content
– Mounted crash when exporting with a damaged export model