Standard behavior monitoring app Streaks now out there on the Mac
Certainly one of my favourite apps for iPhone is the to-do listing and behavior monitoring app Streaks. The premise is that it helps you routinely monitor targets and hold your habits, whether or not they be health and well being associated or different duties you often full. This week, Streaks is increasing from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch to the Mac.
The aim of Streaks is to assist hold you motivated to finish a process regularly, corresponding to each day, weekly, or a sure variety of instances per week. Instance duties embrace issues like strolling the canine, flossing your tooth, consuming healthily, or practising a sure ability.
You possibly can manually log your duties once you full them, or Streaks can learn information from issues just like the Well being app. As an example, you’ll be able to arrange a process in Streaks to stroll 5,000 steps per day, and Streaks will learn your Well being information to know once you hit the objective.
- Streaks routinely is aware of once you full duties linked to the Well being app
- Streaks reminds you routinely when it’s worthwhile to full a process
- You can even create unfavorable duties to interrupt unhealthy habits
- Create timed duties to trace mindfulness, brushing your tooth, or something
There are additionally quite a lot of completely different customization choices:
- 78 completely different colour themes
- Over 600 process icons to select from
- Select how usually a process must be accomplished or repeated
- Sync your duties over iCloud
- View your present and greatest streak, and a complete vary of different statistics
I take advantage of Streaks in a couple of other ways. I’ve it linked to my Apple Watch Exercise Rings and Exercises as one other method of staying constant and monitoring my progress. I even have a process for logging my weight, with the objective of stepping on the dimensions a minimum of 5 instances per week. Streaks is ready to faucet into the Well being app to know after I weigh in because I use a HealthKit scale.
Streaks can also be helpful once you’re making an attempt to interrupt a behavior. For instance, I take advantage of Streaks to trace how lengthy it’s been since I drank a soda. With out understanding that it’s been over 160 days, I is perhaps extra inclined to interrupt my behavior and have one.
Streaks will be as easy or as highly effective as you need, with quite a lot of completely different integrations and information factors out there. You possibly can obtain Streaks for the Mac now on the Mac App Store for $4.99.
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.