Again in 2017, Apple TV 4K customers cheered when chosen movies of their iTunes libraries began receiving Extremely HD upgrades at no additional value.
Now, it seems the other is going on (albeit unintentionally), with each bought and unpurchased 4K films being downgraded to HD because of an alleged bug, as reported by 9to5Mac.
Initially believed to be a problem solely affecting Warner Bros. titles, the listing of downgraded films has since prolonged to productions from different studios, together with MGM, Columbia, Twentieth Century Fox and extra.
One person has compiled an inventory of downgraded titles over on Blu-ray.com’s forums, which incorporates the next:
- 22 Soar Road (2014)
- About Final Evening
- Aloha (2015)
- American Sniper
- Annie (2014)
- Batman vs. Superman
- The Brothers Grimsby (2016)
- The Equalizer (2014)
- Quick & Livid 6 (2013)
- Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Goosebumps (2015)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Half 2 (2011)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques (2002)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Half 1 (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Hearth (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Hercules (2014)
- Hitch (2005)
- Resort Deluxe (2013)
- Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
- Risen (2016)
- Spaceballs (1987)
- Taxi Driver (1976)
- Unforgiven (1993)
- The Stroll (2015)
- X-Males: Days of Future Previous (2014)
Fortunately, it seems that Apple is already rectifying the scenario, with some customers on Twitter reporting that a number of titles have returned to their full 4K Extremely HD resolutions, though that hasn’t occurred for everybody.
How lengthy for the repair to propagate? Nonetheless seeing Harry Potter in HD right here. Does it take a reboot or one thing? LolMay 15, 2019
If you happen to’ve observed that your 4K purchases have instantly regressed to HD, your greatest guess is to attend it out because it seems to be like the issue is simply non permanent.